A few days before travelling to Austin for the third time, I already feel entitled to help newcomers find their way around the event as if I were a veteran.
The truth is that giving tips of which deli to buy a good snack to handle the day (do you also prefer Royal Blue?) or talk about your favorite bar (in my case, Corner) to unwind after the fifth session and exchange thoughts about them are easy.
But I still find it difficult to describe what to expect. Because deep down, despite having the agenda all ready to go and I am very happy with my choices, I still expect to be surprised by that session someone suggests to me and ends up being the most incredible one.
As I cannot foresee the future, here are my Top 5 list, which I am very excited to see
- Creativity in the Age of Innnovation, with Nick Law, COO of Publicis Group, talking about how creativity will change the future
- 7 Non-Obvious Trends Changing The Future in 2019, by an author who says he is a ‘non-boring trend curator’
- Wombats and Wood ducks: CIA’s Secrets to Creative Problem Solving, because i need to know the connection between ducks, wombats and the CIA
- The keynote with the co-founders of Instagram, Mike Krieger and Kevin Systrom about the new economy of influencers and “capturing the moment”
- Influencer marketing 2025, about how Generation Z impacts social medias and the influencer market
Besides that, MSL Global will have a “House of Influence” and will launch a new solution for Influence.
One thing I am certain, SXSW will not lack amazing things.
[Originally published at Meio & Mensagem - Mar, 1st, 2019]